1. Which of the following is NOT part of John Dalton's atomic theory? A. All elements are composed of atoms. B. All atoms of the same element have the same mass. C. Atoms contain subatomic particles. D. A compound contains atoms of more more than one element. 2. Who provided evidence for the existence of a nucleus in an atom? A. John Dalton B. J. J Thomson C. Democritus D. Ernest Rutherford
His theory did not incorporate the existence of subatomic particles.
2.63 moles ( 58.69 g/mol ) = 154.35 g Nickel
Hope this answers the question. Have a nice day.
In 2004 astronomers reported the discovery of a large Jupiter-sized planet orbiting very close to the star HD 179949 (hence the term "hot Jupiter"). The orbit was just 19 the distance of Mercury from our sun, and it takes the planet only 3.09 days to make one orbit (assumed to be circular). What is the mass of the star? Express your answer (a)in kilograms and (b)as a multiple of our sun's mass.
Use Kepler's 3rd Law
T^2 = k R^3
where k = 4(pi)^2/ GM
G =gravitational constant = 6.67300 × 10-11 m3 kg-1 s-2
M = mass of this new planet
pi = 3.14159265
T =3.09 days = 266976 seconds
R = (579,000,000km)/9 = 64333333.3 km
Solve Kepler's 3rd Law for M. Your answer will be in kg
mass of the sun = 1.98892 × 10^30 kilograms
Form the ratio
A snowmobile has an initial velocity of 3.0 m/s Part 1: If it accelerates at the rate of 0.5 m/s/s for 7.0 sec, what is the final vel.? Part 2: If it accelerates at the rate of -0.60m/s/s, how long will it take to reach a complete stop?
As we know that
here we know that
so we will have
if finally the snowmobile comes to rest
So here we can say that
so now we have
Any beaker to measure the volume of liquid displaced
The stress force that causes a mass of rock to pull or twist in opposite directions is called shearing.
Hope this helps! :)
Planet a has three times the mass of planet b and the same radius. from this information, what can we conclude about the acceleration due to gravity at the surface of planet a compared to that at the surface of planet b?
Hence mass grows 3 times - g will grow 3 times as well
1. How many correct experiments do we need to disprove a theory? How many do we need to prove a theory? Explain. 2. A guidebook describes the rate of climb of a mountain trail as 120 meters per kilometer. How can you express this as a number with no units?
2. change the meters to kilometers;
120 m/km = .12 km/km = .12
or the kilometers to meters;
120 m/km = 120 m/1000m = .12
This sounds like its telling you how far you climb vertically (.12 km) for every 1 km that you walk along the slanted, winding trail.
The unitless number ".12" is usefull because now you can think of the rate of climb in any units you want. So you rise vertcally .12 miles for every mile you walk the trail, or you rise .12 ft for every foot you walk the trail, etc.
The acceleration of an object can be calculated by using Newton's second law:
F is the net force applied on the object
m is the mass of the object
a is its acceleration
In this problem, we have F=125 N and m=25.0 kg, so we can rearrange the equation to calculate the acceleration:
the answer is d i just took the test k 12 right
Earth's core is composed of two separate layers the inner core and the outer core what is one difference between these two layers? F. One is orphans one is zinc G. One is liquid and one is gas H. One is solid and one is liquid I. One is iron and one is nickel
Two wagons of equal mass are filled with an equal mass of bricks. Person A pushes one wagon with twice the force that Person B pushes the second wagon. How is the acceleration affected? A. Person A's wagon will accelerate at twice the rate of Person B"s wagon. B. Person A's wagon will accelerate at 1/2 the rate of Person B's wagon. C. Both wagons will accelerate at the same rate, since the mass is the same.
Force times Mass equals Acceleration.
The answer is TRUE.
If the mass increases the number on the left side of the equation increases, thus increasing the right side as well.
Answer: Option (b) is the correct answer.
Plasma is a hot ionized gas that contains approximately equal number of both positive ions and negatively charged electrons.
Thus, we can conclude that if a substance containing charged ions and electrons can be compressed so that the particles have less space between them, the substance is a plasma.
Answer: The atomic mass of the platinum will be 195.
We know that,
Atomic mass is the sum of the electrons and protons.
Platinum is the chemical element and it is the symbol is Pt. The atomic number of the platinum is 78 and the atomic mass is the 195,084 u.
According to the question,
Rounded to the nearest whole number
Hence, The atomic mass of the platinum will be 195.
All types of
Crystals can have all types of bonds between their atoms.
- Crystals are solid materials which contains atoms, molecules or ions that are arranged in a complex structure forming a crystal lattice.
- Crystals may have all types of bonds, these includes; ionic bonds, formed as a result of transfer between a metallic bond and a non-metal atom, Covalent bond, formed as a result of sharing electrons between non metal atoms, hydrogen bonds, metallic bonds Van der Waals bonds, etc.
he gave the correct answer its just we had options when we were doing this assignment so thanks for going in depth