Crystals can have _____ bonds between their atoms. ionic covalent metallic all types of
All types of
Crystals can have all types of bonds between their atoms.
- Crystals are solid materials which contains atoms, molecules or ions that are arranged in a complex structure forming a crystal lattice.
- Crystals may have all types of bonds, these includes; ionic bonds, formed as a result of transfer between a metallic bond and a non-metal atom, Covalent bond, formed as a result of sharing electrons between non metal atoms, hydrogen bonds, metallic bonds Van der Waals bonds, etc.
The stress force that causes a mass of rock to pull or twist in opposite directions is called shearing.
Hope this helps! :)
-Some of the physical properties may be altered, but the chemical composition stays the same
-Examples: Bending, Crushing, Cutting, Melting, Freezing, Boiling
1. Which of the following is NOT part of John Dalton's atomic theory? A. All elements are composed of atoms. B. All atoms of the same element have the same mass. C. Atoms contain subatomic particles. D. A compound contains atoms of more more than one element. 2. Who provided evidence for the existence of a nucleus in an atom? A. John Dalton B. J. J Thomson C. Democritus D. Ernest Rutherford
His theory did not incorporate the existence of subatomic particles.
Which of the following is true of both nuclear fusion and nuclear fission? a. They both require a high energy input. b. They both occur without byproducts. c. They both have a high energy output. d. They both involve large atoms breaking into smaller atoms.
Both processes release tremendous amounts of energy.
Because cosmologists can't go out into space and test all of their theories, they must depend on the cosmological principle. This principle assumes that _____. the universe stays at a steady state any physical laws are the same for the entire universe the universe is going to eventually collapse the universe is cooling down
It can also be said that physical laws are the same for everybody at any place in universe.
1. In the circuit shown below, with each bulb holding a resistance of 100 ohms, how many amps of current are flowing? Express your number as a decimal. (See Figure) 2. Protons have positive charge, neutrons have negative charge, and electrons have no charge. A. True B. False 3. A complete electric circuit includes a voltage source, current, wires, and something to _________ the flow of current.
These are 3 questions and 3 answers.
Answer: I = 0.01 A
i) Type of circuit: series
ii) R₁ = 100 Ω
ii) R₂ = 100 Ω
iii) V = 2 V
iv) I = ?
i) Equivalent resistance, R = R₁ + R₂
ii) Ohm's law, V = IR
i) R = 100Ω + 100Ω = 200Ω
ii) I = V / R = 2 V / 200Ω = 0.01 A
The nuclear model of the atom states that the atom is neutral, and consists of a nucleus, which holds the protons and the neutrons, and the electrons which are around the nucleous (in regions called orbintals).
The electrons are negatively charged and the protons are positively charged.
The magnitudes of the charges of both electrons and protons are equal.
Therefore, for the atom be neutral, the neutrons cannot have charge.
Answer: oppose (or resist).
1) The most basic electrical circuit consists of a 1) potential difference (voltage) source, which gives the "impulse" to the charge to flow, 2) the wire, which is the medium through which the charge flows), and 3) a resistor.
The resistor is the element with "resistance" to the flow of charge, this is it resists or oppose the flow of charge.
Some components, like motors, filaments, buzzers, which content or are resistors per se, transform the current (flow of charge) in other useful forms of energy (motion, light, heat, sound).
The resistor meets Ohm's law which states R = V / I, at constant temperature.
Answer : The correct option is, distance times force
Work : It is defined as the force acting on an object to cause a displacement. Or we can defined as the work is equal to the product of the force of an object and displacement of an object.
The formula of the work is written as,
W = work done
F = force applied on an object
d = displacement of an object
Hence, the work is equal to distance times force.
Which type of boundary is modeled? A. The formation of the Himalaya mountains? B. The formation of Greenland, a volcanic island country in northern Atlantic Ocean? (The types of boundaries there are is Transform, Divergent, Convergent)
Answer: The correct answer is pulses.
Wave is a disturbance which carries energy from one particle to another. Wave is a continuous disturbance.
Pulse is a single disturbance. It travels through one point to another.
Sound wave consists of rarefaction and compression. It need medium to travel.
In the circular wave, the particles move both parallel and perpendicular to the motion of the wave.
Therefore, all waves consist of a continuous series of the pulses.
hope this helps, and if you have any more questions feel free to message me!
HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!
1. By what are isotopes identified? A.mass numbers B.atomic masses C.atomic mass units D.average atomic masses And 2. Uranium atoms each have 92 protons.How many protons does each U-238 atom have?A.92 B.146 C.238 D.330 And 3. Chlorine atoms each have 17 protons.How many neutrons does each Cl-37 atom have?A.17 B.20 C.37 D.54
By definition we have to:
dr / dt: rate of change of the position of an object with respect to time
Therefore, we know that in a position graph with respect to time, both variables are proportional.
The proportionality constant is the speed of the object.
Mathematically, this constant represents the slope of the line.
To calculate the velocity of an object, the slope of the position vs. time graph should be calculated.
Positive acceleration occurs when an object speeds up.
Acceleration is the rate of change in velocity per unit time:
where is the change in velocity while is the time interval. From the formula, we can understand that when is positive, so when the object is speeding up, the acceleration is positive; on the contrary, when is negative (so, when the object is slowing down), the acceleration is negative.