Probability can be used to determine the likelihood of specific __________A. gamesB. occurrences C. questions D. opportunities
Find how much RAM is installed and available in Windows Vista and 7
1. From the Desktop or Start Menu, right-click on Computer and select Properties.
2. In the System Properties window, the system will list "Installed memory (RAM)" with the total amount detected.
I have a couple of questions on java for my homework 21229 Assume the availability of a method named makeLine that can be passed a non-negative integer n and a character c and return a String consisting of n identical characters that are all equal to c. Write a method named printTriangle that receives two integer parameters n andk. If n is negative the method does nothing. If n happens to be an even number, its value is raised to the next odd number (e.g. 4-->5). Then, when k has the value zero, the method prints a SYMMETRIC triangle of O's (the capital letter O) as follows: first a line of n O, followed by a line of n-2 O's (indented by one space), and then a line of n-4 O's (indented by two spaces), and so on. For example, if the method received 5,0 (or 4,0) it would print: OOOOO OOO O Note: in the above output , the first line contains 0 spaces before the first O, the next line 1 space, and so on. Note: These instructions state what the method does when k is zero, but it is up to you, the programmer, to determine what it does when k is not zero and use it for your advantage. The method must not use a loop of any kind (for, while, do-while) to accomplish its job. The method should invoke makeLine to accomplish the task of creating Strings of varying lengths. 20861 A palindrome is a string that reads the same forwards or backwards; for example dad, mom, deed (i.e., reversing a palindrome produces the same string ). Write a recursive, boolean -valued method , isPalindrome that accepts a string and returns whether the string is a palindrome. A string , s, is a palindrome if: s is the empty string or s consists of a single letter (which reads the same back or forward), or the first and last characters of s are the same, and the rest of the string (i.e., the second through next-to-last characters ) form a palindrome. 20864 A 'array palindrome' is an array which, when its elements are reversed, remains the same (i.e., the elements of the array are same when scanned forward or backward) Write a recursive, boolean -valued method , isPalindrome, that accepts an integer -valued array , and a pair ofintegers representing the starting and ending indexes of the portion of the array to be tested for being a palindrome. The function returnswhether that portion of the array is a palindrome. An array is a palindrome if: the array is empty (0 elements ) or contains only one element (which therefore is the same when reversed), or the first and last elements of the array are the same, and the rest of the array (i.e., the second through next-to-last elements ) form a palindrome.
Recursion is something that is probably the most mind warping thing to learn in programming, but it is VERY well worth it. There's a number of problems that are recursive in nature. One that you're familiar with is doing addition with pencil and paper. Think about it: you align the numbers in columns as you're "going in", when you run out of numbers, the base case, you start adding the column of numbers and the carry and write out the least significant digit of the total and returning the most significant digit[s] up the "unwind".
False. Sending an email about questions on a test is not considered cheating in most school. Cheating is not allowed and is strickly prohibited in schools. Sending an email asking about questions is a form of cheating because you are trying to figure out the answers to a test. The email is also easily traceable and if caught, can get you an F on the test or expelled.
When using cost-benefit analysis to determine the benefits of a community project, economists measure the value in terms of (A. Price and cost.) (B. Supply and demand.) (c. Opportunity and cost.) (d. price and human value.)
The correct answer is D. price and human value. Hope this helps
You are trying to sell a new product to a store owner. Which method of presentation is likely the most effective? A. a chart showing how sales will go up if they use this product B. quotes from other store owners on success of this product C. a free trial option to use the product for six months, no questions asked D. all of these
d. all of these. is the best answer.
Im trying to figure out how to write a program that finds prime factors of a number. I have the following but it only works for the number 12 for some reason. % this program will determine if an integer is prime and determine % its prime factors function MAIN clear; clc; % define number(s) to be checked, call function, and print output N = 12; [answer,primefactors] = primey(N); fprintf('Is %i a prime? %s \n', N, answer) fprintf('The primefactors of %i are: \n' , N) fprintf('%i \n' , primefactors) N = 12; [answer,primefactors] = primey(N); fprintf('Is %i a prime? %s \n', N, answer) fprintf('The primefactors of %i are: \n' , N) fprintf('%i \n' , primefactors) end % end of function MAIN function [answer,primefactors] = primey(N); if mod(N,1)==0 & N/N==1 answer= 'Yes'; else answer= 'No'; end for k= 2:N-1 if mod(N,k)==0 factors(k)=k; end [a,b]= find(factors>0); b primefactors= [1:numel(b)-1] numel(b) for j= 1:numel(b)-1 if mod(b(j),j)==0 primefactors(j)=b(j) end end end end
So, A1:D1 refers to the whole row, which means that you need to add A1+B1+C1+D1 = 2 + 1 + 5 + 3 = 11.
The answer to the formula according to this spreadsheet is 11.
You're writing a description of your eclectic model program for a brochure. which one of the following sentences would you not use? a. program recognizes the stages of child development. b. teacher establishes the environment for the children to interact with. c. child is an active learner. d. classroom is filled with materials that are designed for a specific purpose to be used in a prescribed manner.
The teacher establishes the environment for the children to interact with.
Dr. Thomas likes to follow up with her patients to make sure they were happy with their care. She sends all patients an email encouraging them to call her office with any questions or to schedule future appointments. Dr. Thomas chooses email as the for this communication.
Sean has trouble remembering all the geometry formulas. What can he do to make sure he doesn't forget these formulas during his tests?1.preview the test to see the types of questions asked2.read the directions for each part of his test carefully3.write the formulas somewhere on his test when he gets it4.focus on his favorite type of test question formats first
The answer is
B. =A1+A2+A3 formulas is equivalent to =SUM(A1:A3)
4. You are planning to buy a new couch for your family room. Before you leave for the furniture store, you measure the available space and conclude that the couch should be between 5’ - 10” and 6’ - 8” long. At the store you find a couch that you like. The specification sheet on the couch indicates that that the couch is 78 inches long. a. What are the limits on the couch length in inches? b. What is the length of the couch in feet and inches? Hint: Convert the measurement to decimal feet first. c. Will the couch fit into the available space?
5'10" = (5*12) + 10 = 70 inches
6'8" = (6*12) + 8 = 80 inches
a.) The lower limit is 70 inches while the upper limit is 80 inches.
b.) First, divide 78 inches by 12. That would 6.5 or 6 and a half feet. Since half foot is 6 inches, the length of the couch is 6'-6"
c.) Since the couch is between the limits, yes it would fit the space.
Instead of terminating the series, the producers decided to extend it for an additional season. In the sentence above, which of the following strategies would be most effective to determine the meaning of "terminating"? Use the context to find a synonym for "terminating." Find the meaning of the word "terminating" in an online dictionary. Use the context to find a word that means the opposite of "terminating." Reread the sentence several times until you understand the meaning of "terminating."
1.Context clues can be used to determine the ________of an unfamiliar word a. meaning b. pronunciation c. tense d. part of speech 2.If a sentence contains context clues, these clues are usually located_______ the unfamiliar word. often, though, the context clues are in other sentences surrounding the word a. inside of b. before or after c. in the thesaurus d. in the definition 3.to insert a new slide in an existing presentation, what menu should you select a. new slide b. slide c. layout d. slide layout
1. ANSWER: A.
Context clues are any set of words or phrases that may hint to the meaning of a word that you don't know. They are called "context clues" since they literally give you a clue as to what the word may mean, providing you further context so you could understand the word better.
2. ANSWER: B.
As said earlier, since context clues help you understand what a certain word means, then these clues should be located before or after the unfamiliar word. Context clues are already embedded into the passage, thus you do not need a thesaurus or an explicit definition just to read one.
3. ANSWER: A.
In Microsoft PowerPoint, a new slide button is already provided for you in the Home tab. Therefore, if you want to add another slide in your existing presentation, you just simply need to click on that button.
The slide layout or layout would not add a new slide but would only offer customization options to your current slide instead.
30) you need to find a scholarly article on the laws and regulations governing genetically modified organisms. Based on the citation information ( to help determine if it its scholarly) and article abstract( to help determine if it is relevent) below, this article is citation information: state of exception in the regulation of genrtically modified organisms in brazil. By: Pealez, victor. science & public policy )spp), feb. 2009, vol. 36 issue 1, pp.61-71 author (prof. Victor Pelaez) affiliations: department of economics; federal university of parand; av.pref. Lothario Meissner 632, 880210-170 curitiba- pr, brazil abstract: the regulation of genetically modified organism (gmos) in brazil has involved intense disputes between the three branches of government (leggislative; executive, and judiciary), this process arose out of a class-action suit that overuled a decision authorizing the commercial release of gm soybeans by regulatory body. a) relevant and scholarly b) relevant but not scholarly c) irrelevant but scholarly d) irrelavant and not scholarly
Operating systems are designed to work with specific hardware. Which operating system works with Apple computers? 1Windows operating system 2Mac operating system 3Linux operating system 4handheld operating system
2. When removing a fastener with a Phillips-style head from a live electrical circuit, the best tool to use is a(n) A. standard socket driver with a Phillips-style socket and a fully insulated handle. B. T-handle with a fully insulated handle. C. appropriate-style screwdriver with a nonconducting handle. D. appropriate-style screwdriver with a double-triangle marking and a 1000V indication on the handle. 3. You need to torque a fastener to 20 Newton-meters (Nm), and your wrench is calibrated in pound-feet (lb-ft). The fastener should be torqued at A. 58.6 lb-ft. B. 14.7 lb-ft. C. 10.6 lb-ft. D. 25.6 lb-ft. 4. A maintenance manual specification calls for a fastener to be tightened to 50 kg-m. Your only torque wrench is calibrated in pound-feet. To how many pound-feet should you tighten the fastener? A. 69 B. 4340 C. 360 D. 600 5. When welding several pieces of oddly shaped metal together, secure them with a A. chain clamp. B. parallel clamp. C. sheet metal locking tool. D. locking plier wrench. 6. Which wrench is used on pneumatic control-line fasteners? A. Socket wrench B. Tubing wrench C. Setscrew wrench D. Spanner wrench 7. Which of the following hammers is best suited for hammering nails into concrete? A. Ball pein hammer B. Hand drilling hammer C. Mallet D. Claw hammer 8. Which of the following tools should you use to hold a two-inch diameter metal pipe while hand-turning a cap onto its threaded end? A. Adjustable wrench B. Lineman's pliers C. Lock-ring pliers D. Arc joint pliers 9. To secure a piece of pipe, use a _______ vise. A. ball joint B. yoke C. drill press D. swivel 10. To safely strike heavy blows with a hammer, always A. grasp the handle near the end farthest from the head. B. strike the workpiece at an angle. C. use a soft-faced head design. D. use a hammerhead softer than the material you're striking. 11. Removing a nut in a small space can be done more quickly with a(n) A. Allen wrench. B. socket wrench. C. Stillson wrench. D. spanner wrench. 12. Which of the following should be used to tighten aviation-style wiring harness connectors? A. Strap wrench B. Open-end wrench C. Setscrew wrench D. Combination pliers 13. A screwdriver that requires less operator force to tighten a screw is one with a(n) A. rubber grip. B. spiral drive. C. ergonomic design. D. round shank. 14. When removing a retaining ring without holes from an assembly, use _______ pliers. A. lock-ring B. Lineman's C. needlenose D. end-cutting